13 Feb 2013

Valentines Layout: color concept with Lizzy

20 Comments Color with Lizzy, Dear Lizzy Products, Scrapbook Pages 12x12

Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day I thought I’d share this layout I made for my Two Peas Garden Girl project. It took me longer than I had hoped to get the title right. But I love the quote, “You have my whole heart for my whole life” and I wanted to diecut it with my Silhouette Cameo somewhere on the layout. I tried other patterned papers and color combinations and finally realized that I am definitely drawn to more white on my projects.

I diecut the quote and three hearts below it. I backed the three hearts with patterned paper. I used a punch to punch out the larger hearts below those. Then added some stitching to ground those hearts. The small triangle paper is from my newest Lucky Charm collection that should we available online soon. If you are interested in the cut file let me know. xo, Lizzy

I love messy stamping so I stamped with the arrow then did a few more until the ink fades away. Same with my date stamp.

COLOR CONCEPT:
I wanted the color combination to be light and airy with the mint and the white then a pop of color. I chose red for obvious reasons as well as a black and white stripe and some turquoise. I used the gallon, quart pint concept for this layout. The gallon of color is white, quart is blue and the pint is red. It helps the layout to feel balanced and the page to really pop. I also chose pictures where the pint of color was displayed so the photos stood out as well. Thanks for looking!
xo, Lizzy

written by
The author didn‘t add any Information to his profile yet.

20 Responses to “Valentines Layout: color concept with Lizzy”

1. Tabitha says:

As always, love this layout! How do you make messy look so good? I feel like my messy looks crappy. Maybe I need to see it with fresh eyes and not be so judgmental of myself. WOW this is deep for scrapbooking!

2. Amy says:

I love the white title with all the pops of patterns! Love it!

3. Tere says:

Love this…what a beautiful layout. I have the 5th and Frolic stamp set, but I don’t see the I LOVE YOU LOTS stamp on it. Can you source that stamp? I love it lots!

• Paper Party says:

Oh, yes… That is the phrase only roller stamp from my newest Lucky Charm collection. Should be available online soon.

4. Nirupama says:

So gorgeous. Love your use of patterns and colors. So playful and romantic. I liked reading your story too. I also get weak in the knees thinking of my husband’s proposal, even years later :)

5. Ana says:

Lovely layout! I’d love to get the cut file. Happy Valentine’s day!!!

6. stephanie says:

So lovely! Just picked up a ton of your collection yesterday that I am now hoarding like crazy! :)

7. jeni allen says:

Oh, I love it!! And please, I would love that cut file….so classic!!!

8. Gloria says:

Gorgeous layout!!!! You always inspire me Lizzy, thanks for all your tips. I would also love to get the cut file! Thanks in advance have a great V-day:)

9. Taraleigh says:

I just love this. I have the same quote above my bead on the wall. I’ve been watching for the challenges/linky party but haven’t seen anything yet. Did I miss it?? BTW, I love that you have a space dedicated specifically to scrapbooking. I always love getting to feed off your inspiration and creativity!

10. Cara says:

I love the layout especially the combination of white and muted tones with the bright pops of color. Yes, we want the cut file :-)

11. Susan says:

Super cute! I would love to get the cut file, please. I got a Silhouette for Christmas and am so excited to work with it. Do you have a tutorial anywhere that shows how you make all your gorgeous cuts, the fonts etc? Thanks!

12. Kim Thomas says:

It’s a beautiful layout. I love the colors, yum! Thank you for the inspiration. Take care. :)

13. Karen Beldon says:

Beautiful layout Liz!! I LOVE everything you make! I would also love the cut file….is that something you can just email to me? If so, my email is karen@beldonre.com. Thanks bunches! :)

14. Diana says:

I LOVE this layout and your story. I was lucky enough yesterday to buy ALL of your new release, Lucky Charm, from Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley — Love it all. I would like to have your cut file. Are you going to sell it here soon? Thanks :)

15. Marge Froese says:

I have always loved your creations, and this layout is no exception! Just beautiful! I would love the cut file as well. Please let me know how to get it. Thank you so much :)

16. Stacie D says:

Love your saying cut file. It is perfect for an anniversary layout or valentine’s day. How sweet!

17. Hildy Akerman says:

I absolutly love this layout pls let me know how to find this cut file y didnt find it.
    thnak you

18. Jo-An says:

I love everything about this page :)